A glass of milk every night for dinner.
In fact, I bet most of us remember thinking about all of the wonderful things milk can do for our body.
Milk, does a body good...?
There have been some recent speculations about the health and nutrition milk can really provide...
This link takes you to all the pros and cons of being a milk drinker:
http://forahealthyfuture.com/nutrition/is-milk-bad-for-you/
It basically outlines the positive aspects to milk:
1. proteins
2. vitamin D ( which is ironic, since vitamin D doesn't occur naturally in milk, its an additive)
3. calcium
And the negative:
1. high in saturated fats (aka calories, and higher cholesterol levels)
2. pesticides, antibiotics, and hormones
3. lactose intolerance
When you look at the bigger picture, milk is a great way to get the nutrients you should be getting, but the bottom line is, you can get those nutrients in many other ways...that are a lot less fattening...
MOO.
This video is so 90s. Love it!
ReplyDeleteYa there is definitely a lot of controversy regarding whether the human body needs milk and provides the stated benefits. I think the biggest concern is the hormones and antibiotics that might be present in the milk. Otherwise, I see no reason not to consume it! Easy way to get some good nutrition!
ReplyDeleteThis is one of my favorite milk commercials:
ReplyDeletehttp://youtu.be/KKQf2AP-V3I
I like milk myself, so this was pretty interesting. But where does 1%, 2%, and all those fit in? I only know there is a taste difference.